Monday, May 9, 2016

The BulletProof Ghost: In Spades' Rough Draft is done!

So I know it had been a while since I've had anything resembling a decent update, but as of about twenty minutes ago, the second book in The BulletProof Ghost series in its most basic form, is done.  The BulletProof Ghost: In Spades is longer than Prototypes, which is part of the reason it took so long to finish.  There were other reasons, but there are previous entries in this blog to explain that.

The synopsis of the new book begins with the fallout from Prototypes (spoilers for Prototypes ahead).  After Kyle Richard was forced to kill four of his five bullies due to William Kintaxin's rage program being activated in Kyle's brain nodes (cybernetic nervous system enhancement); he has to figure out where he fits in the world.  The guilt of his actions (though more or less against his will) weigh heavy on the young cyborg.  Four leaves town to secure funds for creating a base of operations so the two don't have to squat at Kevin Hedwin's house.

Kyle comes into conflict with a criminal organization known as The Spades.  They are run by Mayor Rudolph Vyle, who is also the murdered Nick's father.  Vyle's rampage to find who killed his son puts Kyle's friends, Al and Irene into the crosshairs.  Kyle must not only save his friends, but the soul of his hometown.

I don't want to ruin too much, but I'll have a preview up within a month or so.  I know, waiting sucks, but I want the book to be good.  Honestly, even in rough draft form, I think that In Spades is better than Prototypes.  All of the origin story and technology explaining is out of the way and I felt free to just tell a story.

I'll be ordering a new cover soon so my posts will have a picture to go with them.  I'm not going with the same artist I did last time, so I'll have to shop around... as it were.

If you haven't read The BulletProof Ghost: Prototypes, then you should go to The Website and order a copy or get the digital version.  There is a preview on Amazon, Smashwords and this blog.

Once I get the second draft finished and editing begins, I'll hold a pre-order program for In Spades, sort of.
 I'm going to run a GoFundMe in order to:
                          A. Fund a possible release tour for The BulletProof Ghost: In Spades
                          B. Allow a psuedo pre-order system

This means that I might have a prolonged tour for the release of In Spades (fingers crossed), but also that anyone who wants to put money down can reserve their book early AND get a signed copy of not only In Spades, but the 2nd edition of Prototypes as well.  There will be other rewards of course, but those will be announced later.

Thanks for the support so far.  I will try to get over my social anxieties and do local events in Evansville and Owensboro (and possibly a couple of other places) sans crowd funding, provided people will go to get signed copies of the books.  Maybe I'll be allowed to do a Q & A if you want something like that.

The BulletProof Ghost will emerge again.

-Jake dh

No comments:

Post a Comment