Sunday, October 16, 2016

My new horror series, Dreadful plus a new way to read BPG


It's been a while since I've put up a blog post, but I wanted to make sure I knew for sure what was going to happen with the new outlet.  Thanks for your patience.

The BulletProof Ghost: Prototypes is officially on Channillo.  Channillo is a serial literature website where you can post portions of books or start full blown series.  I'm posting BPG: Prototypes while BPG: In Spades is in the process of being edited.  Once Prototypes is posted in its complete form, I'm hoping to be able to post portions of In Spades exclusively on Channillo.

You can start reading The BulletProof Ghost: Prototypes on Channillo here.  The service is not free.  You can start out with a $5 a month fee to subscribe to 10 series at a time.  Hopefully you will make BPG one of them.

Now onto my current project.  I recently entered a contest at screencraft.com for their Bootleg Universe event.  This was specifically for already created characters from other franchises.  I went with a short story I wrote about Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor.  This was mostly based off of the 2005 anime series.  I will post the short story in its entirety within the near future.

After I wrote this story, I checked out their other contests.  There was one for original short stories that had a substantial cash prize.  I had a few ideas kicking around, one I named 'Wolves in the Ice'.  WitI is about a woman who was badly hurt by her fiance in New York City and returns to her childhood home in Alaska.  After a traffic accident, she finds herself in the middle of the woods being stalked by a pack of white werewolves.  She runs into a man calling himself a 'wolf tracker' that helps her survive through the night.

After writing the entire short story, I realized that this would make a solid series of stories, as I was already figuring out in my head where the characters would end up next.  So I started on the second story called 'Sister's Keeper' and titled the entire series 'Dreadful'.  That's a working title, but unless you put the word Penny in front of it, no one else is using it as a series title.

Once I've entered the next contest, I'll pitch this new series to Channillo.  For a while, Channillo will be the only place to read Dreadful, period.  I'm not sure how many entries there will be, but I may just create arcs until I can't come up with new ideas; which sounds interesting.

That is all of the updates for the moment.  Keep an eye on my twitter feed @thebproofghost and like my Facebook Page.  I'll try to get these projects out ASAP.  I know I haven't published anything since BPG: Prototypes, but there are a lot of things coming down the pipeline.  I promise.

Later.

-Jake dh




No comments:

Post a Comment