Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bleed Out

This song reminds me a lot of the end of the original linear second issue of BPG.  I haven't fit this scene into the new format, but I know that I don't want to mess this the structure too much, only add detail...
 
Bleed Out by Blue October
 
 
 
 
 
 
PAGE FOURTEEN (four panels)




Panel 1. The shot is from behind. KYLE is looking up and sees NICK, JOSH, and the other three of the gang.




1 KYLE (narration box) WHY DIDN'T I FEEL HOW WRONG THIS WAS? THAT NICK'S DAD TOLD THEM TO STAY AWAY FROM ME. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SOMETHING CHANGED.




Panel 2. Close up on KYLE. He looks scared. He looks like he's trying to be brave.




1 KYLE: WHAT IS THIS?




Panel 3. KYLE is getting up to leave. The shot is from above. He is about five feet from the group. NO DIALOGUE.




Panel 4. Side shot of KYLE and NICK. NICK has a long kitchen knife (think Michael Myers) pointed at KYLE. NICK had gloves on. KYLE looks confused.




1 KYLE: NICK... WHAT ARE YOU DOING?




PAGE FIFTEEN (six panels)




Panel 1. NICK and co. have KYLE cornered against the lockers/bench. The shot is from behind NICK.




1 NICK: WHO DID YOU TELL?




2 KYLE: ABOUT... ABOUT WHAT? I DON'T...




Panel 2. Middle shot of Nick, his knife is visible.




1 NICK: ABOUT THE DRUGS. WHO DID YOU TELL? MY DAD FINDS OUT AND I'LL STAB YOU.




2 KYLE: NICK.




Panel 3. Extreme close up on KYLE. His eyes are glossy.




1 KYLE: I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. I SWEAR. I SWEAR ON MY MOM. I DON'T KNOW. I DON'T.












Panel 4. The shot is of NICK from the front. JOSH'S hand is on his shoulder. NICK'S face looks repentant. NO DIALOGUE.




Panel 5. NICK is jerking forward to look threatening. His foot is in a puddle of water. He is slipping forward.




1 NICK: WELL IF YOU EVER DID TELL ANY... SHIT!




Panel 6. The shot is from the side. NICK and KYLE'S faces are an inch from each other. KYLE has a shocked look on his face. NICK looks confused.


























































PAGE SIXTEEN (four panels)




Panel 1. The shot shows NICK from the front. He has fallen back and his on his butt. He looks terrified. The three friends are exiting behind JOSH and NICK.




1 NICK: I... I DIDN'T... I SLIPPED... I...




Panel 2. The shot is of KYLE from the front. He is sitting on the ground. He has the knife in his chest around where his sternum is. Blood is spreading across his gym shirt. Blood coming out of his nose. Tears are coming out of both eyes.




1 NICK (off panel): OH MY GOD.




Panel 3. The shot is from behind KYLE. NICK and JOSH are running out the door.




1 KYLE (narration box) I THOUGHT SOMEONE WOULD COME IN TO HELP ME. NO ONE HELPS ME. THEY LEFT ME. THEY LEFT ME TO DIE.




Panel 4. KYLE has fallen on his side. Close up on his face on the floor. He looks droggy, like his consciousness if fading gradually as he bleeds to death.




1 KYLE (narration box) EVERYTHING GETS SO BLURRY AT THIS POINT. MY SIGHT. MY HEARING.










































PAGE SEVENTEEN (four panels)




Panel 1. KYLE is grabbing the knife in his chest while sitting up.




1 KYLE (narration box) I REMEMBER I WASN'T GOING TO DIE. NOT YET.




Panel 2. The knife is out of KYLE'S chest blood is in the air. The affect is supposed to convey the knife being pulled out. Only KYLE’S hands are shown, but not the rest of his body.




1 KYLE (narration box) NOT WITHOUT SEEING HER.




Panel 3. Kyle is leaning against the wall and exiting the locker room tracking blood behind him.




1 KYLE (narration box) IRENE.




Panel 4. KYLE is leaning and tracking blood down the hallway to two double doors that lead to the gym. NO DIALOGUE.






























































PAGE EIGHTEEN (six panels)




Panel 1. IRENE has a basketball in her hands. There are other girls playing in the background. A teacher is standing behind her also. She is just staring into the panel. NO DIALOGUE.




Panel 2. The shot is from behind her legs. The basketball is on the ground (as if she dropped it). KYLE is in the doorway.




1 IRENE: WHAT... NO.




Panel 3. KYLE is on the floor. IRENE is bending down over him.




1 IRENE: WHAT HAPPENED? NO, NO, NO. PLEASE... KYLE!




Panel 4. IRENE is looking behind at the teacher and students. They look like they are frozen.




1 IRENE: SOMEONE, ONE... ALL OF YOU... GET A F*CKING AMBULANCE YOU FUCKING MORONS! NOW!




Panel 5. IRENE is holding KYLE'S head up. She is crying.




1 KYLE (narration box) I HAD TROUBLE TALKING. I COULDN'T HEAR VERY WELL. I WAS GOING TO DIE AND I KNEW IT.




2 IRENE: NO, COME ON. DON'T GO. I CAN'T LOSE YOU LIKE THIS. PLEASE, I CAN'T LIVE. YOU CAN'T LEAVE US.




Panel 6. Close up on KYLE.




KYLE: I... NEEDED TO SEE YOU. I WANTED TO BE WITH YOU WHEN THE END CAME.






















PAGE NINTEEN (two panels)




Panel 1. KYLE'S eyes are closed. He's gone. IRENE is hugging and crying over his dead body. NO DIALOGUE.




Panel 2. The gym floor is gone and there is nothing but KYLE and IRENE with black background.




KYLE (narration box) MY NAME IS KYLE RICHARD. THIS IS HOW I DIED.

No comments:

Post a Comment