Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Beginning is Nigh

His death is only the beginning of the story
           

So for many of you who've been following The BulletProof Ghost, it's been a long journey.  In 2011, I started to try to take an idea I had for years (since high school) and turn it into a comic book/graphic novel.  This process went through two Kickstarters(Kickstarter 1 and Kickstarter 2) and ultimately didn't get the needed funding.  This was at the end of 2013.




Scott's Loesch's high detail sketch of BPG

The finalized Comic Promotional Art by Octographics.net


I hit a wall and wasn't sure where to go.  Originally BPG was going to be a novel series, but the original versions were written when I was in high school and needed to be restarted from absolute scratch.  I refused to look at the old versions and used the comic scripts as a framework.  A lot changed about the plot due to not having to worry about the cost of artwork.  

The BullProof Ghost: Prototypes, the first volume, has been more or less finished, but unedited for a few months now.  My wife and I had our first child and things were super busy for a while. Editing took a back seat to little baby Xander.
Mr. Baby Sleepy-Face

Now the book is edited (with a couple of alterations needed during the weekend).  

The BulletProof Ghost: Prototypes should be released on 
Saturday, August 9, 2014.

This is the date for the DIGITAL version.  I hope to have the physical version out, but that may take an extra week or so.  I'll keep you posted when I know for sure.

Thanks for the patience through the years and I hope this is the only the beginning of a multi-saga novel series.  Who knows, maybe BPG can travel to other media if the readership increases enough.  I've given thought to a possible web series in the future, but one step at a time.  Stay tuned.

Jake dh

No comments:

Post a Comment