Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year and Tons of Progress

This sketch by Scott Loesch will be the basis for the cover of the First Volume.


Update:  I've completed the first section and then some of the ebook (if you've read the scripts, it's more than the first non-linear issue).  The first section is named 'The Trials of Cybernetic Prototype 005' (I kept writing Trails... I have to keep an eye on that in the proofreading process).  The second part is called 'Applied Dreamscape', which leads into the great way the flashbacks into Kyle's childhood and death are portrayed.  I won't ruin it, but it is better than a normal flashback or the original linear format.  Tonight/this morning I'll try to finish off the second section and move onto what will more than likely be Irene and Al's part of the story.  There is a lot of story I wanted to write in the comic's version (mostly having to do with Karen Richard (Kyle's mom).  A lot was supposed to happen with her in the first arc, but I had to cut so it would fit in a five issue comic book.  Some of this will end up in the third section.  Not sure on the name, but I'll let you know when I decide.

I touched on this on BPG's Twitter and Facebook pages (like and follow if you haven't please), but I'll be asking for volunteers to review the first ebook The BulletProof Ghost: Prototypes (working title).  I'll be able to put the book up on Amazon Kindle for free before the official release.  I'll put out another update when this is close so I can message you the link on twitter or facebook (or email even).  The prize for doing this is a free copy of the ebook (Hooray!).  I'll see what I can do for a better reward, but without Kickstarter money, I'm on my own funding this.  Maybe on book 2 (which will have the subtitle In Spades) if the first sells enough, the reviews will get some awesome goodies.  I hate to talk about sales, because this is mostly about getting the story finished and out there.  If I can sell the book and maybe, just maybe, quit my night job... I can get a lot of these volumes done and quickly (without hurting the quality) and maybe... also a very big maybe, get a graphic novel/comic book version made as well.

2014 is a new year for BPG and for me.  I have a baby boy on the way and I want to make him proud.  I'll keep the updates coming and my nerd blog will be 100% on hiatus until this is finished.  I'll keep researching how to publicize ebooks and if anyone has any advice, it will always be welcome.  Thanks for the interest and it won't be long until Prototypes is out in the marketplace.

-Jake dh

No comments:

Post a Comment